Martin Duncan of Freestyle Tout, Brisbane is also the owner of Freestyle Escape which offers luxury accommodation and an outdoor cooking school set among orchards in the Blackall Range on the Sunshine Coast. The school offers a stellar line up of local & interstate chefs.
Martin is a regular contributor to the Noosa International Food and Wine Festival, and the event ‘Strings and Straw’ held at Martin’s cooking school Freestyle Escape was a sell out at the 2012 Noosa International Food and Wine Festival.
Martin shares with us his sweet treat ‘Exotic Delight’.Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ tin condensed milk
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup plain flour
- 250g macadamia meal (or process 250g macadamias in food processor until fine)
- 200g white chocolate buttons
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a food processor until thick and pale.
- Transfer to a bowl and gently fold in condensed milk.
- Add melted chocolate and macadamia meal, then fold in the white chocolate buttons.
- Place mixture into a lined lamington tin and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 30-40minutes.
- To serve as petits fours, slice into small cubes and dust with icing sugar.
- To serve as a dessert, place a wedge or square of the macadamia slice on a plate, top with macadamia ice cream and add either fudge, caramel sauce or exotic fruit and a drizzle with palm sugar syrup.